AMHSA is an active member of the British Materials Handling Federation which is the UK’s route to FEM for several UK trade associations concerned with materials handling.
The FEM mission is to represent the technical, economic and political interests of the Materials Handling Industry, and communicate with the European institutions on its concerns and needs.
FEM provides a network for the efficient exchange of information between its members and its product groups. It defends common positions on matters affecting its industrial base.
FEM encourages technical progress and safety at work through the establishment of guidelines and business codes. FEM also cooperates with other industrial sectors and international trade partners on issues of common interest.
Objectives of FEM
- Encouraging technical progress, safety at work, sustainable development and energy efficiency in the field of material handling
- Proactively developing technical standards at international and European levels
- Providing implementation guidance on European directives applicable to its industry
- Safeguarding the interests of the industry, particularly competitiveness and innovation
- Communicating with European institutions and stakeholders and advising them on material handling questions
- Promoting and encouraging cooperation among the manufacturers of material handling equipment in Europe and worldwide.
INTRALOGISTIC SYSTEMS PRODUCT GROUP
Within FEM, AMHSA is a member of the Intralogistic Systems Product Group. This group is attended by member companies that are System Integrators.
The Intralogistic Systems Product Group aims are to:
- Provide an international forum to elaborate on technical and business matters
- Develop reliable market transparency on the basis of statistical data received from the participants
- Develop technical rules and guidelines at a European level
- Define interface and communication standards
- Define consistent technical language
For more information about this Group, please visit the website at http://www.fem-ur.com/index.php/prodGroups_intralogistic/en/ where you can find a list of active member companies together with historical market statistics and a full list of relevant FEM Technical Documents for download.
- 05 April 2017 Brexit sparks optimism for automation
- 13 February 2017 BREXIT - What does it mean for our industry? - An AMHSA Round Table
- 06 September 2016 Meet the experts at IMHX 2016
- 18 March 2016 Intralogistex 2016 a great sucess
- 07 October 2015 AMHSA Tote Workshop to be hosted by Schoeller Allibert
- 31 July 2015 NEW engineering jobs on the AMHSA website
- 19 June 2015 How to use social media to find your ideal customers
- 28 April 2015 AMHSA launches apprenticeship scheme at AGM