AMHSA is an active member of the British Materials Handling Federation which is the UK’s route to FEM for several UK trade associations concerned with materials handling.
The FEM mission is to represent the technical, economic and political interests of the Materials Handling Industry, and communicate with the European institutions on its concerns and needs.
FEM provides a network for the efficient exchange of information between its members and its product groups. It defends common positions on matters affecting its industrial base.
FEM encourages technical progress and safety at work through the establishment of guidelines and business codes. FEM also cooperates with other industrial sectors and international trade partners on issues of common interest.
Objectives of FEM
- Encouraging technical progress, safety at work, sustainable development and energy efficiency in the field of material handling
- Proactively developing technical standards at international and European levels
- Providing implementation guidance on European directives applicable to its industry
- Safeguarding the interests of the industry, particularly competitiveness and innovation
- Communicating with European institutions and stakeholders and advising them on material handling questions
- Promoting and encouraging cooperation among the manufacturers of material handling equipment in Europe and worldwide.
INTRALOGISTIC SYSTEMS PRODUCT GROUP
Within FEM, AMHSA is a member of the Intralogistic Systems Product Group. This group is attended by member companies that are System Integrators.
The Intralogistic Systems Product Group aims are to:
- Provide an international forum to elaborate on technical and business matters
- Develop reliable market transparency on the basis of statistical data received from the participants
- Develop technical rules and guidelines at a European level
- Define interface and communication standards
- Define consistent technical language
For more information about this Group, please visit the website at http://www.fem-ur.com/index.php/prodGroups_intralogistic/en/ where you can find a list of active member companies together with historical market statistics and a full list of relevant FEM Technical Documents for download.
- 15 May 2018 GoPalletBox
- 15 May 2018 World Record Kite Team Praise Biggest, Gentlest Pallet Box
- 02 May 2018 Recycling Must Remain a Priority in Single-Use Plastic Debate
- 01 May 2018 Meet the experts at IMHX 2019
- 05 April 2018 AMHSA Tote Workshop to be hosted by Schoeller Allibert
- 15 January 2018 AMHSA - Vision, Mission & Values - Four Pillars and our future direction
- 18 December 2017 FEM launches student competition to engage with young talent
- 05 April 2017 Brexit sparks optimism for automation