Brexit sparks optimism for automation
Some key players in the automated handling sector – along with the editor of SHD Logistics – gathered recently for AMHSA’s Brexit
Round Table, an opportunity to discuss the current and future impact of the referendum result on the logistics sector.
As reported in this month's SHD Logistics, one of the key messages, which came as a surprise for some, was that: "Predicted labour shortages are strengthening the case for logistics automation as firms seek to make their operations less labour-intensive. High demand and opportunities for further market growth have sparked optimism among automated logistics suppliers.
This demand is being fuelled by the availability of funding and advances in technology that are increasing the scope of automation.
With smaller companies now considering automation, the industry needs to think about adapting its market approach to suit these less sophisticated purchasers."
For a free copy of the AMHSA white paper following the event - please contact AMHSA (email@example.com).
- 15 May 2018 GoPalletBox
- 15 May 2018 World Record Kite Team Praise Biggest, Gentlest Pallet Box
- 02 May 2018 Recycling Must Remain a Priority in Single-Use Plastic Debate
- 01 May 2018 Meet the experts at IMHX 2019
- 05 April 2018 AMHSA Tote Workshop to be hosted by Schoeller Allibert
- 15 January 2018 AMHSA - Vision, Mission & Values - Four Pillars and our future direction
- 18 December 2017 FEM launches student competition to engage with young talent
- 05 April 2017 Brexit sparks optimism for automation