Brexit sparks optimism for automation
Some key players in the automated handling sector – along with the editor of SHD Logistics – gathered recently for AMHSA’s Brexit
Round Table, an opportunity to discuss the current and future impact of the referendum result on the logistics sector.
As reported in this month's SHD Logistics, one of the key messages, which came as a surprise for some, was that: "Predicted labour shortages are strengthening the case for logistics automation as firms seek to make their operations less labour-intensive. High demand and opportunities for further market growth have sparked optimism among automated logistics suppliers.
This demand is being fuelled by the availability of funding and advances in technology that are increasing the scope of automation.
With smaller companies now considering automation, the industry needs to think about adapting its market approach to suit these less sophisticated purchasers."
For a free copy of the AMHSA white paper following the event - please contact AMHSA (email@example.com).
- 15 January 2018 AMHSA - Vision, Mission & Values - Four Pillars and our future direction
- 18 December 2017 FEM launches student competition to engage with young talent
- 05 April 2017 Brexit sparks optimism for automation
- 13 February 2017 BREXIT - What does it mean for our industry? - An AMHSA Round Table
- 06 September 2016 Meet the experts at IMHX 2016
- 18 March 2016 Intralogistex 2016 a great sucess
- 07 October 2015 AMHSA Tote Workshop to be hosted by Schoeller Allibert
- 31 July 2015 NEW engineering jobs on the AMHSA website